83% of charities still fundraising in 2020
With murmurs of ‘second waves’ and ‘new social distancing’ rules coming into play across the globe, there is understandably some concern and uncertainty regarding fundraising in the Autumn season and throughout the remainder of 2020.
As one of many businesses trying to navigate these murky waters, we decided to send a quick survey to our global clients to gauge the appetite for fundraising for the rest of 2020 and get a feel for what, specifically, our charity clients were focusing on.
Many thanks to all who completed the survey; from over 500 clients we accumulated the below results:
- 83% of global charities are still looking to fundraise in some capacity in 2020
- The highest ranking was creating an online fundraising campaign – 35%
- Hosting a Virtual Gala was next at 22%
- 18% of our clients are going to host a ‘hybrid’ event – with a small number of guests at a venue and the event / fundraising streamed live to incorporate an online audience
- 8% of clients are still planning to hold some sort of live event
- 17% of our clients have decided to put fundraising on hold for 2020 and will no doubt look to make up lost revenue in 2021
Clearly, the will to fundraise and drive crucial revenue is still at the forefront of many charities’ minds, at a time when support for most organisations is absolutely essential.
The good news is from the many online fundraising campaigns and virtual galas we’ve supported since COVID-19 gripped the world, clients have seen some incredible results, with many surpassing funds raised from live charitable events in 2019. In total, our charity clients have raised in excess of US$5.8m since April through our platform alone.
Case Study – Asylum Seekers Resource Centre (Australia)
We believe supporters know their generosity in giving is still crucial to the survival of the causes they love most, and are still passionate about supporting in a time of need.
A great example and recent success story came from the work of the Asylum Seekers Resource Centre in Australia; click here to read more on how they beat their goal by $43,000 with an online fundraising event.
Full stats per Givergy region below. We hope this information is useful to you. Any questions or for support with your own 2020 fundraising campaigns, please click below – we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Chief Operating Officer
Ben is at the forefront of every project in Givergy, listing and actioning constant improvements across the business. With over a decade of experience in the charity and events sector he brings a deep understanding of what the fundraising industry needs to operate effectively and efficiently.