Who We Are
Givergy gathers and processes your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection regulations and laws. This notice provides you with important information regarding your rights and our obligations and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Our registered office is at Rosedale Studios, Rosedale Road, Richmond, TW9 2SX and we are a company registered in England & Wales under company number 042205813. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register, registration number ZA018458 and we act as data processor, data controller and co-controller depending on the circumstances.
Our Data Protection Officer for the organisation is William Walsh, who can be contacted at Rosedale Studios, on +44207 524 7800 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we are the data processor or co-controller the other controller is normally the Charity running the auction and we will share your data with that Charity.
Information That We Collect
Givergy processes your personal information to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and we do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you includes: –
- First and Last Name
- Home Address
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
We collect information from online forms through the Givergy app and our various online sites.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and other than to provide our services and as described in this notice, we will never disclose or share your data without your consent; unless we are required to do so by law.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data to provide the auction and other services you are experiencing and to ensure that any funds you give to our Charity partners are collected and any items you purchase are sent out to your preferred address by our lot suppliers.
- Our email and SMS providers use your personal data to keep you updated on the progress of the event, auction or campaign in which you are taking part.
- We and our payment provider store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
- Where you consent, we will occasionally contact you for specific promotional purposes that we genuinely think you will be interested in, such as other auction prizes similar to those that you have showed interest in and other similar charities too.
- Very occasionally we may send you information without your consent, but where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you and the purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to correct it as quickly as possible.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; to exercise your data portability rights, and to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we will ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. As well as sharing your data with our Charity partner for each auction, we use some third-parties to provide the services and business functions below; all our processors acting on our behalf process your data in accordance with our instructions and they comply fully with this privacy notice and the data protection laws.
Where we are processing your data for these purposes, we will share it with:
Stripe Payments UK Ltd: We use Stripe for taking payment; they are payment experts and they will process your payment seamlessly and securely; see their privacy notice https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Mailgun Technologies Inc. We use for email notifications relating to auction activities and payments.
Nexmo Inc. We use for sending SMS notifications relating to auction activities and payments.
Rackspace Ltd. A leading UK hosting provider we use for hosting our internet services.
Bluebox Worldwide Ltd. Bluebox provides Givergy with its voucher system to fulfil our auction items.
Where you have consented to us using your data for marketing purposes, we may share it with:
Hubspot. We use HubSpot to send marketing emails and for some marketing automation. We can also review the pages on our website you have visited, the buttons within the pages you have clicked and our social media accounts you have viewed. https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
Mailchimp. We use Mailchimp to send you marketing emails with the latest items and experiences, we process your name, email address and purchase history in order to send you personalized content; https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Where you have successfully bid for a lot, we will share your details with our lot supplier in order that you may redeem your winning item. Our suppliers for lot items process your data so that they can provide you with the item. Our suppliers change on a regular basis and you can review our most up to date list here https://www.givergy.com/uk/fundraise/dataprocessors/
We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have security measures in place, including: –
- Encryption in the case of physical theft or loss
- Encryption when sending over public networks to prevent interception or tampering
- Up to date security software to prevent malware and external threats
- Strict permission controls to ensure access only by authorised persons
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the UK and European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Wherever possible, we do not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
The following processors use products and services hosted or stored in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer information, submitted by you, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”): – Mailgun, Nexmo, Hubspot and Mailchimp
Where this is the case, we are taking steps to ensure that these providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Where you have taken part in an auction or another one of our services, we will keep your data for a period of 3 years for accounting purposes and in order that we can reference the event for you, for the Charity involved or for ourselves. Where you have purchased an item, we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Occasionally, we would like to contact you about other auctions, auction items, charities or new services that we are providing and we think will be of genuine interest to you. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting us directly.
We process your personal information in order to enable us to provide you with our products and services in a workable, proper and professional manner.
We will very occasionally send you product or service updates by email that have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
Lodging A Complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Rosedale Studios, Rosedale Road, Richmond, TW9 2SX
email@example.com, 0207 524 7800
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
T: 0303 123 1113 or go to https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. These types of files do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, assisting you to improve your site experience as well as trying to ensure that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you. These “cookies” can be divided into 4 types each of which is outlined below.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and Givergy Ltd (“we” or “us”) under which you may access our website givergy.co.uk (“our site”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
givergy.co.uk is a site operated by Givergy Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 04220813 and we have our registered office at The Studios, Rosedale Road, Richmond, London, TW9 2SX. Our main trading address is The Studios, Rosedale Road, Richmond, London, TW9 2SX.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation, or is fraudulent.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or effect the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or similar (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.